Accessible beaches in Alicante
The city of Alicante offers an accessible beach service, with recreational-educational areas aimed at people with mental disabilities, as well as a bathing/swimming assistance service for people with physical disabilities. The accessible areas are located on the beaches of San Juan, Postiguet and in Saladar-Urbanova.
Social Recreation Services
• Bathing/swimming assistance for people with reduced mobility from Monday to Sunday, 10.30am to 6.30pm.
• Recreational-Educational areas for people with mental disabilities from Monday to Sunday, 10.30am-6.30pm.
- Free services.
- Owing to the nature of the recreational-educational areas, they have weekly shifts.
Where are they?
- Playa de San Juan, opposite the Tourist Office.
- Playa del Postiguet, around the Cocó-Marina train station area.
- Playa Saladares-Urbanova, opposite the Cruz Roja hut.
Shaded areas, WCs, showers and changing rooms.
Adapted parking spaces.
- Provide family respite for parents and guardians
- Fill free time with enriching leisure activities that provide positive contents and values for users.
- Provide the support required for users to interact with the coastal environment, making the most of the resources and benefits it can offer.
- Social integration.
- Act as an educational stopgap to the work carried out by schools, which is interrupted during the summer months.
Playa de San Juan
Playa de San Juan. Área accesible.
Playa Postiguet. Zona accesible.
Playa Urbanova. Zona accesible.