Created in 1932, this museum was originally located on the ground floor of the Provincial Council building on Avenida de la Estación avenue in Alicante. In 2002 it was transferred to the former site of the San Juan de Dios provincial hospital.
Visitors to this highly innovative and visual museum can enjoy an avant-garde approach to archaeology supported by modern audiovisual techniques.
Its exhibits stretch from the Palaeolithic through to Contemporary Modern Culture, tracing the history of Alicante.
Summer (15th of June to 15th of September):
- Tuesdays to Saturdays from 10am to 2pm and 6 pm to 10 pm.
- Sundays and bank holidays from 10am to 2pm.
Rest of the year:
- Tuesday to Friday from 10am to 7pm.
- Saturday from 10am to 8.30pm
- Sunday and bank holidays from 10am to 2pm.