Accessible beaches in Alicante
Alicante city offers a service of accessible beaches during the summer season (from 1 July to 15 September). These services aim at bringing Alicante beaches closer to people with functional diversity.
The accessible areas on the beaches of Alicante provide two types of service: one for people with intellectual disabilities, providing assistance, accompaniment and educational recreation; another service of accompaniment and assistance to the toilet for people with reduced mobility.
The accessible areas are located in the beaches of San Juan, Postiguet and Saladares-Urbanova, and from July 2021 also in Tabarca Island.
From 1st July to 15th September.
- Bathing service for people with reduced mobility: 10 am to 6 pm from Monday to Sunday.
- Recreational-educational service for people with functional, intellectual and/or sensory diversity: 10 am to 4 pm from Monday to Saturday.
Prior registration is required.
- Shaded areas with special-width access walkways, toilets, showers and adapted changing rooms.
- Adapted parking spaces.
- Use of crutches and amphibious chairs.
- Staff with extensive experience in assisting this group.
Information and bookings
Telephone number for information and bookings:
Postiguet Beach: Phone (+34) 689 598 208
San Juan Beach: Phone (+34) 608 195 922
Urbanova Beach: Phone (+34) 679279942
Tabarca Island: Phone (+34) 672 09 98 25
Also information in the accessible areas
- Provide respite for parents and guardians.
- Provide the support required for users to interact with the coastal environment, making the most of the resources and benefits it can offer.
- Social integration.
- Act as an educational stopgap to the work carried out by schools, which is interrupted during the summer months.
- Offer the necessary support so that both residents and tourists can benefit from their stay in our beaches, independently of their motor or intellectual capacity.
Where to find them
- San Juan beach: access nr 10, opposite the Tourist Office.
- El Postiguet beach: access nr 13, Cocó-La Marina train station area.
- Saladares-Urbanova beach: access nr 6, opposite the Lifeguard post.
- Beach of Tabarca Island.
- San Juan Beach: next to access 10, in front of the Tourist Info Office.
- Postiguet Beach: next to access 13, Cocó-Estación de la Marina area.
- Saladares-Urbanova Beach: a few metres from access 6, opposite the lifeguard service.
Safety measures ( Covid-19 )
- Limited capacity and social distancing.
- Staff with personal protective equipment.
- Disinfection of the facilities.
All services are free of charge.