Accessible beaches in Alicante
Alicante city offers a service of accessible beaches during the summer season (July-September). These services aim at bringing Alicante beaches closer to people with functional diversity.
The accessible areas on the beaches of Alicante provide two types of service: one for people with intellectual disabilities, providing assistance, accompaniment and educational recreation; another service of accompaniment and assistance to the toilet for people with reduced mobility.
The accessible areas are located on the beaches of San Juan, Postiguet and Saladares-Urbanova.
This service will be available during the summer season 2021. More information will be available soon.
Safety measures ( Covid-19 )
- Limited capacity and social distancing.
- This year, exceptionally and as a preventive measure against the Covid, the monitors do not access the water with the visitors.
- People with reduced mobility must be accompanied by someone.
- Shaded areas with special-width access walkways, toilets, showers and adapted changing rooms.
- Adapted parking spaces.
- Use of crutches and amphibious chairs.
- Staff with extensive experience in assisting this group.
All services are free of charge.
- Provide respite for parents and guardians.
- Provide the support required for users to interact with the coastal environment, making the most of the resources and benefits it can offer.
- Social integration.
- Act as an educational stopgap to the work carried out by schools, which is interrupted during the summer months.
- Offer the necessary support so that both residents and tourists can benefit from their stay in our beaches, independently of their motor or intellectual capacity.
Where to find them
- San Juan beach: access nr 10, opposite the Tourist Office.
- El Postiguet beach: access nr 13, Cocó-La Marina train station area.
- Saladares-Urbanova beach: access nr 6, opposite the Lifeguard post.