Contemporary Art Museum of Alicante
The Contemporary art museum of Alicante- MACA is housed in the city’s oldest surviving civil building. In the baroque style, it dates back to 1685 and is located next to the Santa María basilica in the old town of Alicante City. It was originally designed as a cereals warehouse but was also used as a business school before finally becoming a museum.
The MACA Museum houses an important collection of 20th century art mostly comprised of works donated by Eusebio Sempere. There are also works by Chillida, Picasso, Dalí and Miró, among others.
SICTED Quality Certificate
Summer ( From 22 May to 30 September )
- Tuesday to Saturday: 11.00 a.m – 8.00 p.m
- Sundays and public holidays: 10.00 a.m – 2.00 p.m
- Monday: closed
- Tuesday to Friday: 11.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m.
- Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays: closed
Winter (from 1 October to 21 May)
- Tuesday to Saturday: from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sundays and public holidays: from 10 a.m to 2 p.m.
- Mondays closed.
- Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
Closing days: The Museum will be closed on 1 November, 24, 25 and 31 December, 1 and 6 January, 1 May and the local holidays of Santa Faz and San Juan. This calendar can be extended throughout the year.
How to get there
- L1-L2-L3-L4 (Mercado)
- L5 (Plaza del Mar)
Stops Puerta del Mar, Rambla Méndez Núñez