Museum of the city of Alicante MUSA
The Museum of Alicante city, the MUSA, is located in the Castle of Santa Barbara. It consists in five halls complemented by the Renaissance cistern.
MUSA Museum halls
1. Engineers Corps Building. Turned into a Visitor Information Centre. Holds an exhibition of archaeological remains and an audiovisual presentation of the city’s history on a big screen.
2. Old hospital. It houses the exhibition “”Alicante Traspasada de Mediterráneo””.
3. Long Room. Exhibits the exhibition “”Stories and people””. At the back of the room you can see the old medieval gate to the fortress.
4. Mine Rooms or Cuevas de los Ingleses. Exhibition “”The explosion of the mine”” during the War of Succession 1701 – 1713.
5. Due to the risks associated with the narrow staircase, the old dungeons under the Plaza de Armas can be visited with a guide, within the fortress guided tour programme.
- From 15 November to 27 February: Monday to Sunday from 10.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- From 28 February to 16 June: Monday to Sunday from 10.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m.
- From 17th to 23rd June: from Monday to Sunday from 10.00 to 23.00 h. Access allowed until 22:15 h.
- 24th June: closed
- 25 to 29 June: from 10.00 am to 9.00 pm.
- 30 June to 4 September: Monday to Sunday from 10.00 am to 11.00 pm.
- From 5 September to 14 November: Monday to Sunday from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
* Access to the Museum: until 30 minutes before closing time.
*It is recommended to check opening times at tourist info offices.
Monte Benacantil Castillo Santa Bárbara, S/N, 03013 Alicante
Information Castillo de Santa Bárbara:
- Mov: (+34) 673 849 890
Tourist Info Offices
- Tel: (+34) 965 177 201
- Tel: (+34) 965 177 217
- Mov (+34) 679 974 486 (operational from 15 March to 15 October)