Provincial Archaelogical Museum of Alicante
Created in 1932, MARQ museum was originally located on the ground floor of the Provincial Council building on Avenida de la Estación avenue in Alicante. In 2002 it was transferred to the former site of the San Juan de Dios provincial hospital.
Visitors to this highly innovative and visual museum can enjoy an avant-garde approach to archaeology supported by modern audiovisual techniques.
Its exhibits stretch from the Palaeolithic through to Contemporary Modern Culture, tracing the history of Alicante.
SUMMER: From June 16 to September 15
- From Tuesday to Saturday: From 10:00 to 20:00 h
- Sundays and public holidays: From 10:00 to 14:00 h
- Mondays: closed
GUIDED TOURS – PERMANENT EXHIBITION
- Tuesday to Saturday – 12 p.m and 5:30 p.m
- Sundays and public holidays – 12 p.m
WINTER: From 16 September to 15 June
- Tuesday to Saturday from 10am to 7pm
- Sundays and public holidays from 10 am to 2 pm
- Monday: closed.
More information HERE
- Free until june 2021
- General Admission: 3,00€
- Reduced admission: 1,50€ *
* Students, Carnet Jove, over 65s/retired
- Free admission: children under 8 years old, unemployed, teaching staff and people with disabilities.