Recommendations and preventive measures against heat waves
Preventive measures against heat
- Drink plenty of water, although you are not thirsty, 2 liters a day, minimum; avoid alcohol and
- Take a shower or bath, with warm water in the most intense heat.
- Avoid excessive sun, especially between 12:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. Avoid copious meals.
- Place yourself in the cooler areas when at home, close blinds and windows and open them at night to ventilate.
- Help the most vulnerable people in your surroundings: the elderly, children and the sick.
- If you are very old, are taking medication or have a chronic illness, consult your doctor about any follow-up measures you should take.
- Wear light, loose clothing, preferably light colored cotton.
- If you go outside, wear protection: a hat, places.
- Never leave anyone in a closed or parked vehicle, nor your pet.
- If you are going to work out, it is not advisable to do it during the central hours of the day.
Avoid health problems caused by heat
- Wear sunscreen and spend little time in the sun.
Muscle cramps due to excessive physical activity or elevated sweating:
- Stop the activity being performed and rest in a cool place.
- Do not participate in any intense, long duration, physical activity.
- Drink water diluted juices or sports drinks. Consult your doctor if cramps last more than an hour
Heat exhaustion caused by excessive depletion headache, tiredness, weakness, dizziness, nausea or fainting:
- Rest in a cool place.
- Drink water diluted juices or sports drinks.
- Consult your doctor if symptoms last more than an hour.
It is a serious problem: the body is unable to regulate its temperature, which increases rapidly and can reach 40,6 ºC (105,08 ºF)
Its main symptoms are: heat, dryness and red skin, rapid heartbeat, severe headache, confusion and unconsciousness.
- Call emergency: without urgent medical help, heat stroke can be fatal.
- While waiting, cool the body, rest in a dark room, put cold water cloth on the body or immerse it in a shower or tub of cool water.
Hospitals and Health centres in Alicante
|Hospital General Universitario de Alicante|
C/ Pintor Baeza, 11, 03010 Alicante
Tel/ Phone: +34-965 933 000
|Clínica HLA Vistahermosa
Avinguda de Dénia, 103, 03015 Alicante
Tel/Phone +34-966 70 93 12
|Hospital Universitario San Juan De Alicante
Av. de Alicante, 03550 San Juan de Alicante,
Tel/ Phone: +34-965 16 94 00
|Hospital Vithas Internacional Medimar
Av. de Dénia, 78, 03016 Alicante
Tel .Phone: +34-965 16 22 00
|Hospital Vithas Perpetuo Socorro
Placa Dr. Gómez Ulla, 15 · 965 20 11 00
Tel/ Phone: +34- 965 201 100
Beaches in Alicante with blue flag 2022: San Juan, Albufereta, Postiguet, Saladar- Urbanova, and Tabarca. BEACH OF SAN JUANBLUE FLAG 2022 BEACH OF ALBUFERETABLUE FLAG 2022 BEACH OF POSTIGUETBLUE FLAG 2022 BEACH OF URBANOVABLUE FLAG 2022 BEACH OF TABARCABLUE...
For the stock: 80ml olive oil1,000g morralla (small fish)2 ñoras (dry red peppers)8 cloves of garlic 3 ripe tomatoes1 leek1 medium-sized onion2 carrotsFor the rice:1,350ml fish stock400g rice40g red pepper40g green pepper40g courgette40g spring onion40g cauliflower50g...
Due to the Easter Week, from next Sunday 10th until Friday 15th April, the bus line C-6 Alicante-Airport (ALC) modifies its usual route. Line C6 Alicante-Airport: This bus route will be diverted during the following dates and times: Sunday 10 April: From...