Recommendations and preventive measures against heat waves
Preventive measures against heat
- Drink plenty of water, although you are not thirsty, 2 liters a day, minimum; avoid alcohol and
- Take a shower or bath, with warm water in the most intense heat.
- Avoid excessive sun, especially between 12:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. Avoid copious meals.
- Place yourself in the cooler areas when at home, close blinds and windows and open them at night to ventilate.
- Help the most vulnerable people in your surroundings: the elderly, children and the sick.
- If you are very old, are taking medication or have a chronic illness, consult your doctor about any follow-up measures you should take.
- Wear light, loose clothing, preferably light colored cotton.
- If you go outside, wear protection: a hat, places.
- Never leave anyone in a closed or parked vehicle, nor your pet.
- If you are going to work out, it is not advisable to do it during the central hours of the day.
Avoid health problems caused by heat
- Wear sunscreen and spend little time in the sun.
Muscle cramps due to excessive physical activity or elevated sweating:
- Stop the activity being performed and rest in a cool place.
- Do not participate in any intense, long duration, physical activity.
- Drink water diluted juices or sports drinks. Consult your doctor if cramps last more than an hour
Heat exhaustion caused by excessive depletion headache, tiredness, weakness, dizziness, nausea or fainting:
- Rest in a cool place.
- Drink water diluted juices or sports drinks.
- Consult your doctor if symptoms last more than an hour.
It is a serious problem: the body is unable to regulate its temperature, which increases rapidly and can reach 40,6 ºC (105,08 ºF)
Its main symptoms are: heat, dryness and red skin, rapid heartbeat, severe headache, confusion and unconsciousness.
- Call emergency: without urgent medical help, heat stroke can be fatal.
- While waiting, cool the body, rest in a dark room, put cold water cloth on the body or immerse it in a shower or tub of cool water.
Hospitals and Health centres in Alicante
|Hospital General Universitario de Alicante|
C/ Pintor Baeza, 11, 03010 Alicante
Tel/ Phone: +34-965 933 000
|Hospital Universitario San Juan De Alicante
Av. de Alicante, 03550 San Juan de Alicante,
Tel/ Phone: +34-965 16 94 00
|Hospital Vithas Perpetuo Socorro
Placa Dr. Gómez Ulla, 15 · 965 20 11 00
Tel/ Phone: +34- 965 201 100
|Hospital Vithas Internacional Medimar
Av. de Dénia, 78, 03016 Alicante
Tel /Phone: +34-965 16 22 00
|Clínica HLA Vistahermosa
Avinguda de Dénia, 103, 03015 Alicante
Tel/Phone +34-966 70 93 12
Protocol for action in contact with Portuguese man-of-war made by the City Hall of Alicante. Please remove any remaining tentacles that may be in contact with your skin. Avoid scratching the area and do not touch the remains of the tentacles with bare...
25g onion 25g green pepper 4 artichokes 200g octopus (tentacle and head) 1 fried ñora (dry red pepper) 1 clove of garlic 4 strands of saffron ½l fumet (stock) 280g ‘bomba’ rice 200ml oil 150g natural grated tomato Salt to tast Sauté the octopus cut into pieces over a...
• 400g ‘bomba’ Calasparra Designation of Origin rice • 200g Ibérico (acorn-fed) pork lean meat • 4 artichokes • ¼ green pepper • ¼ red pepper • 50g cauliflower • 50g broad green bean • 2dcl garlic oil. 50g boiled chickpeas • pork rib broth: ribs, red pepper,...