Recommendations and preventive measures against heat waves
Preventive measures against heat
- Drink plenty of water, although you are not thirsty, 2 liters a day, minimum; avoid alcohol and
- Take a shower or bath, with warm water in the most intense heat.
- Avoid excessive sun, especially between 12:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. Avoid copious meals.
- Place yourself in the cooler areas when at home, close blinds and windows and open them at night to ventilate.
- Help the most vulnerable people in your surroundings: the elderly, children and the sick.
- If you are very old, are taking medication or have a chronic illness, consult your doctor about any follow-up measures you should take.
- Wear light, loose clothing, preferably light colored cotton.
- If you go outside, wear protection: a hat, places.
- Never leave anyone in a closed or parked vehicle, nor your pet.
- If you are going to work out, it is not advisable to do it during the central hours of the day.
Avoid health problems caused by heat
- Wear sunscreen and spend little time in the sun.
Muscle cramps due to excessive physical activity or elevated sweating:
- Stop the activity being performed and rest in a cool place.
- Do not participate in any intense, long duration, physical activity.
- Drink water diluted juices or sports drinks. Consult your doctor if cramps last more than an hour
Heat exhaustion caused by excessive depletion headache, tiredness, weakness, dizziness, nausea or fainting:
- Rest in a cool place.
- Drink water diluted juices or sports drinks.
- Consult your doctor if symptoms last more than an hour.
It is a serious problem: the body is unable to regulate its temperature, which increases rapidly and can reach 40,6 ºC (105,08 ºF)
Its main symptoms are: heat, dryness and red skin, rapid heartbeat, severe headache, confusion and unconsciousness.
- Call emergency: without urgent medical help, heat stroke can be fatal.
- While waiting, cool the body, rest in a dark room, put cold water cloth on the body or immerse it in a shower or tub of cool water.
Hospitals and Health centres in Alicante
HOSPITAL CLINICO UNIVERSITARIO SAN JUAN
Av. de Alicante, 03550 San Juan de Alicante, Alicante, España
965 93 87 00
HOSPITAL PERPETUO SOCORRO
Placa Dr. Gómez Ulla, 15, 03013 Alacant, Alicante, España
965 230 200
Av. de Denia, 78, 03016 Alicante, España
965 16 22 00
Av. de Denia, 103, 03015 Alicante, España
965 264 200
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.